IMPORTANT MESSAGES from THE canton GOODFELLOWS
- Please check this page often, especially from August to December each year.
- We will post items such as: new or upcoming events, applications being available or closed, needing more or having enough Child Sponsors, and anything else we need to inform you about.
- Posts will be dated, for ease of reference.
10/26/19 At this time, all of our 339 children in 136 families have been sponsored! “Thank You” to all of our community members who volunteered to purchase gifts for a child. If you missed out on sponsoring a child this year, perhaps you can help out in another way. Look for other volunteer opportunities, check out our calendar, or make a monetary donation.
10/11/19 The 2019 Canton Goodfellows Applications for Christmas Assistance are now CLOSED.
- If you have submitted a 2019 application, an “approved” or “denied” postcard will be sent to you by November 1, 2019. If you have not received a postcard by that date, please contact us.
- If you are looking for Christmas assistance, contact your local churches or call the Salvation Army (734-453-5464) starting on November 28, 2019.
10/9/19 We are now accepting 2019 Child Sponsor requests via our Sponsor Account firstname.lastname@example.org . What’s a Child Sponsor?
9/13/19 The 2019 Canton Goodfellows Application Packet is now available for printing on our Get Assistance page. Application Packets can also be picked up at the Canton Public Library or at the Clerk’s Office in the Canton Administration Building.
6/27/19 CALLING ALL RUNNERS/WALKERS & SPONSORS: We are having two 5K Fundraisers this year! These events are being organized by EZ Run Events, with all of the proceeds being donated to the 2019 Goodfellows campaign. In addition to runners, we are also looking for advertising sponsors for these fundraisers. Check out the EZ Run Events 2019 Advertising Package . Contact Kal through their website. If you’re interested in running, check out EZRunEvents.com
#1 Golden Harvest Run/Walk
September 21, 2019(Saturday)
Plymouth Orchard & Cider Mill
#2 No Child Without A Christmas Run/Walk
December 8, 2019 (Sunday)
Pheasant Run Golf Course
1/12/19 Once again, the Canton Goodfellows members would like to thank the Canton Community for your tremendous support of our 2018 “No Child Without A Christmas” campaign! Thanks to everyone who helped in so many ways……. from sending in monetary donations, to holding drives or donating during the drives, to sponsoring one or more of our children (333 kids in 134 families) or donating individual toys or clothing, to volunteering to sort through the kids’ bags, to packing our food boxes, to donating food for our volunteers or a frozen Christmas dinner for our families, and to running or attending fundraisers on our behalf. As we say year after year, “We would not be able to assist our families without your support!” Thanks to each and every one of you who helped out in any way. (For ways to get involved this year, check out the rest of our website. We’d love to have you join our organization!)