IMPORTANT MESSAGES FROM THE CANTON GOODFELLOWS
- Please check this page often, especially from August to December each year.
- We will post items such as: new or upcoming events, applications being available or closed, needing more or having enough Child Sponsors, and anything else we need to inform you about.
- Posts will be dated, for ease of reference.
10/15/21 The 2021 Canton Goodfellows Applications for Christmas Assistance are now CLOSED.
- If you have submitted a 2021 application, an “approved” or “denied” postcard will be sent to you by November 1, 2021. If you have not received a postcard by that date, please contact us.
- If you are looking for Christmas assistance, contact your local churches or call the Salvation Army (734-453-5464).
10/8/21 We are now accepting 2021 Child Sponsor requests via our Sponsor Account email@example.com . What’s a Child Sponsor?
7/15/2021 The Canton Goodfellows Board has decided to return to our traditional assistance program this year. Community members will again sponsor a child and purchase gifts (toys and clothing) for that child.
4/20/2021 The Canton Goodfellows Board met in March, but could not make a decision on how to proceed with our 2021 Assistance Program. The final decision will be made by the end of July. Details will be posted on our 2021 Program Information page.
1/31/2021 Since we are still in the throes of the COVID-19 Pandemic at this time, we do not know what our 2021 program will look like. Our Board will meet to determine that, as the year progresses. When the information is available, it will be posted on our new page: 2021 Program Information . Stay safe everyone!
1/31/2021 We’d like to thank everyone who pitched in to help our 2020 “No Child Without a Christmas” campaign survive during the COVID-19 Pandemic quarantine. Our program had to be changed from giving the kids the usual sponsor-donated toys and clothing, to giving the parents gift cards to shop for those items for their kids. As a result, we didn’t need to involve our hundreds of volunteers, as we have in the past. Here’s hoping that we can bring you back for 2021! We were overwhelmed by the number of generous monetary donations we received, after putting out the word that we needed to purchase many more gift cards for our families this year. It was heartwarming to have had so many individuals and organizations stepping up to the plate to assist our 110 families with 276 kids. Thank you for your support.