IMPORTANT MESSAGES from THE canton GOODFELLOWS
- Please check this page OFTEN, especially from August to December each year.
- We will post items such as: new or upcoming events, applications being available or closed, needing more or having enough Child Sponsors, and anything else we need to inform you about.
- Posts will be dated, for ease of reference.
11/26/17 Please consider attending the December 7th “GRAINS and TRAINS” free charity event to benefit Toys for Tots and Forgotten Harvest. Quality Line Services and EZ Run Events have arranged the event, which is being held at their Livonia business. The Canton Goodfellows will be there to support the event and provide information about our organization. Check out the Grains & Trains flyer for more information .
11/23/17 REMINDER: Tuesday, Nov 28, 2017 is . Please consider making a tax deductible donation to our No Child Without A Christmas Campaign on that day.
11/21/17 WOW…..We had four successful events in November! A big Thank You goes out to
- everyone in the community who supported our Magic/Comedy Show Fundraiser, 50/50 Raffle, and Silent Auction,
- Studio 1 Salon owners and stylists, who organized the Cuts for a Cause Fundraiser to benefit the Canton Goodfellows (Thanks to everyone who got their hair cut too!),
- Holiday Market and all of their shoppers who donated food items at our Canton Goodfellows Food Drive,
- and the staffs of West and Liberty Middle Schools, who held their second annual “The Crossover” Basketball Fundraiser, with the Canton Goodfellows as a recipient of a portion of their proceeds.
What a great community we live in! We couldn’t fully assist our families and children without your support.
11/5/17 Need a haircut? There’s a fundraiser for that. Check out Cuts for a Cause at Studio 1 Salon on Sunday, Nov 12th, 12-4pm.
10/29/17 At this time, all of our 314 children in 119 families have been sponsored! “Thank You” to all of our community members who volunteered to purchase gifts for a child. If you missed out on sponsoring a child this year, perhaps you could help out in another way. Look for other volunteer opportunities, check out our calendar, or make a monetary donation.
10/14/17 Our 2017 Applications are now CLOSED. All applicants will receive a postcard, indicating approval or denial, by November 1st.
3/29/17 New for 2017: If you are currently enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program, you DO NOT have to re-enroll each April, as previously required.