Is your family in need of gift and food assistance for Christmas? And do you have children ages 18 or under? If so, the Canton Goodfellows are here to help.
The 2021 Canton Goodfellows Applications for Christmas Assistance are now CLOSED.
- If you have submitted a 2021 application, an “approved” or “denied” postcard will be sent to you by November 1, 2021. If you have not received a postcard within the first week in November, please contact us.
- If you are looking for Christmas assistance, contact your local churches or call the Salvation Army (734-453-5464).
We supply gifts for children (not adults) and assist only Canton families, without regard to race or religion, who meet the following guidelines:
- You must live in Canton.
- Your children must live with you.
- Your family must meet the income guidelines for a family of your size. We use the current year’s Michigan Dept of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) Emergency Relief family income guidelines for Energy Related Assistance.
- Your application must be postmarked by the cut-off date (mid-October) and approved by our committee. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application packet contains:
- Parent letter
- Application instructions
- Application form
- Wish list form
Applications must be mailed to our P.O. Box address by the cut-off date included in the parent letter.
Families who send their applications by the cut-off date will receive a postcard by November 1, indicating whether their family will receive assistance.
All decisions are final.
If your family is approved for assistance:
- Your children will receive clothing items and age appropriate gifts
- We will also supply your family with books, gift wrapping paper, and tape.
- In addition, you will receive a box of nonperishable food, a frozen holiday dinner from SYSCO, and gift cards to purchase additional food.
Approved families will pick up their packages on a Saturday in December, between 9:00AM and noon at the Canton Township Administration Building. All pick-up information will be listed on your postcard.
For more information, you can contact us by email.
Questions? Visit FAQs for assistance to get answers.