Is your family in need of gift and food assistance for Christmas? And do you have children ages 18 or under? If so, the Canton Goodfellows are here to help.
The 2023 Canton Goodfellows Application Packet will be available on September 15, 2023 and needs to be postmarked by October 13, 2023. Information on how to print or pick up a copy will be posted here.
We supply gifts for children (not adults) and assist only Canton families, without regard to race or religion, who meet the following guidelines:
- You must live in Canton.
- Your children must live with you.
- Your family must meet our income guidelines for a family of your size.
- Your application must be postmarked by the cut-off date (mid-October) and approved by our committee. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
You must supply us with paperwork to prove the first three guidelines listed above. The application lists what paperwork can be used as proof.
The application packet contains:
- Parent letter
- Application instructions
- Application form
- Wish list form
Applications must be mailed to our P.O. Box address by the cut-off date included in the parent letter.
Families who send their applications by the cut-off date will receive a postcard by November 1, indicating whether their family will receive assistance.
All decisions are final.
If your family is approved for assistance:
- Your children will receive clothing items, age appropriate gifts, and books.
- We will also supply your family with gift wrapping paper and tape.
- In addition, you will receive a box of nonperishable food and gift cards to purchase additional food.
Approved families will pick up their packages on a Saturday in December, between 9:00AM and noon at the Canton Township Administration Building. All pick-up information will be listed on your postcard.
For more information, you can contact us by email.
Questions? Visit FAQs for assistance to get answers.