Is your family in need of gift and food assistance for Christmas? And do you have children ages 18 or under? If so, the Canton Goodfellows are here to help.
The 2018 Canton Goodfellows Applications for Christmas Assistance are now CLOSED.
- If you have submitted a 2018 application, an “approved” or “denied” postcard will be sent to you by November 1, 2018. If you have not received a postcard by that date, please contact us.
- If you are looking for Christmas assistance, contact your local churches or call the Salvation Army (734-453-5464) starting on November 27, 2018.
We supply gifts for children (not adults) and assist only Canton families, without regard to race or religion, who meet the following guidelines:
- You must live in Canton.
- Your children must live with you.
- Your family must meet the income guidelines for a family of your size (we use the current year The Heat and Warmth Fund income guidelines).
- Your application must be postmarked by the cut-off date (mid-October) and approved by our committee. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application packet contains:
- Parent letter
- Application instructions
- Application form
- Wish list form
Applications must be mailed to our P.O. Box address by the cut-off date included in the parent letter.
Families who send their applications by the cut-off date will receive a postcard by November 1, indicating whether their family will receive assistance.
All decisions are final.
If your family is approved for assistance:
- Your children will receive clothing items and age appropriate gifts.
- We will also supply your family with gift wrapping paper and tape.
- In addition, you will receive gift cards to purchase food.
Approved families will pick up their packages on a Saturday in December, between 9:00am and noon at the Canton Township Administration Building. All pick-up information will be listed on your postcard.
For more information, you can contact us by email.
Questions? Visit FAQs for assistance to get answers.