Join Canton, Michigan residents who support our goal of “No Child Without a Christmas” through sponsorships and volunteering.
How can you get involved? While our busiest time of the year is late fall and winter, there are opportunities throughout the year for you to volunteer with the Canton Goodfellows.
Sponsor a Child
Are you interested in sponsoring a child or an entire family, by purchasing clothing and gifts for Christmas?
Sponsors do not have to purchase all of the child’s toys and clothing. You decide how much you can afford to spend on your sponsored child. We fill in what is not supplied.
Anyone can sponsor a child, or several children; you don’t need to be a Canton resident.
If you’d like to sponsor a child, send a message to our Sponsoring Account firstname.lastname@example.org , starting in early October through early November.
What you need to know about sponsorship:
- Prior years’ sponsors are contacted by email in mid-October, followed by new sponsor requests.
- Sponsorship coordination begins in mid-October and continues into mid-November until every recipient has been sponsored.
- Once a sponsor is assigned a child, we’ll provide a detailed wish list from the family with child size, age, gender, and a reasonable “gift wish” to help you select gifts. We’ll also provide gift guidelines. Our goal is to provide each child with four pieces of clothing and four toys.
- Sponsors do not have to purchase all of the child’s gifts and clothing. You decide how much you can afford to spend on your sponsored child. We fill in what is not supplied.
- All communication with sponsors is by email.
- Sponsors will also receive specific information about drop-off of gifts, including date, time, and location.
You don’t need any special skills to volunteer, only a wish to make sure that no child in Canton, Michigan goes without a Christmas.
Our volunteers get involved with everything for our clothing and gift drive. Whether you’re looking to:
- Volunteer at Work Week to organize gifts
- Help out at the Holiday Market Food Drive
- Hand out papers at local Canton businesses during our annual Paper Sale in early December
- Attend our meetings or become a member of Canton Goodfellows
- Support our other fundraising efforts
we have opportunities for you to lend a hand. Check out our Calendar page.
If you want to make a monetary donation, please visit our donate page.
All of our volunteer efforts are coordinated through Paula Kosbe, Canton Township Volunteer Coordinator. After September 1, you can reach Paula at email@example.com or call 1.734.394.5191 to let her know how you’d like to get involved.
What’s volunteering with the Canton Goodfellows like? Read what Rosie Truesch, one of our longtime volunteers, has to say:
I have been involved for at least six years. I find it very rewarding. I got involved because I could not fathom any child without a Christmas. That thought is unrealistic to me.
During distribution week in early December, I come home tired every night. But it is a good tired because I know we are making a difference in lives of hundreds of children.
I love the fact that so many people, stores, and organizations get involved. We could not do it without the help of the Canton Township administration. I am also appreciative for all the support that we get from organizations, corporations, restaurants, stores, and volunteers.
Check out our Work Week photos. Do you recognize any of our volunteers who are organizing Christmas gifts and toys for children?
SHOP TO SUPPORT US
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Canton Goodfellows every time you shop, at no extra cost to you.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices and selection as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Canton Goodfellows.
On your first visit to Amazon Smile, you’ll need to select Canton Goodfellows as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.
Go to AmazonSmile to show your support for the Canton Goodfellows while you shop online!
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS
If you’re a Kroger customer, the Kroger Community Rewards Program is an easy way to support Canton Goodfellows while you shop.
To get started, sign up for the Community Rewards Program with your Kroger Plus Card and select Canton Goodfellows as the organization you wish to support. Find our organization by searching for “Canton Goodfellows” or by using our organization number, 62754.
Once you’re enrolled, you’ll earn rewards for the Canton Goodfellows every time you shop and use your Plus Card!
New for 2017: If you are currently enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program, you DO NOT have to re-enroll each April, as previously required.